What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing part in Cleaveland tool order

Foam-the-runway

Ordered a main squeeze and yoke from Cleaveland. Main squeeze came but no 3" yoke. Invoice shows it was supposed to be in box. Strangely when I contacted them about missing part they said they were out. I was given the offer to purchase a 2.5" yoke. Spending another $100 for a .5" didn't make sense so I declined. Seems like the missing part should have been annotated on Invoice as a backorder. Waiting to see what happens.
Anyone ever experience this?

Ordered a main squeeze and yoke from Cleaveland. Main squeeze came but no 3" yoke. Invoice shows it was supposed to be in box. Strangely when I contacted them about missing part they said they were out. I was given the offer to purchase a 2.5" yoke. Spending another $100 for a .5" didn't make sense so I declined. Seems like the missing part should have been annotated on Invoice as a backorder. Waiting to see what happens.
Anyone ever experience this?

Earlier this week I did get an email from Cleaveland Tool that they are having supply problems getting stuff and that they were not going to be at Oshkosh this year. Over the past 30-years, Cleveland has been a the best tool company I deal with.

Earlier this week I did get an email from Cleaveland Tool that they are having supply problems getting stuff and that they were not going to be at Oshkosh this year. Over the past 30-years, Cleveland has been a the best tool company I deal with.

Thanks for providing that information. This is the only hiccup with almost $2k spent with them. Everything else has been flawless.
Looking at my order as fulfilled on their website when it's not creates a lil bit of concern.
Them missing Oshkosh is not a good sign.

I had no doubt you would receive your complete order. Cleaveland Aircraft Tool is a first class operation. I’ve never been disappointed ordering from them. :)

I had no doubt you would receive your complete order. Cleaveland Aircraft Tool is a first class operation. I’ve never been disappointed ordering from them. :)

Yes!...I agree they're great people. The young lady took the extra step to show me what happened. Apparently two software systems weren't talking to each other. Innocent mistake they weren't aware of until I contacted them. It's all good...I immediately placed another order with them after this was cleared...

I second the top notch service at Cleaveland. My 3” yoke was back ordered as well and they allowed me to build a “stash” of other orders and ship it all together when the yoke came back in stock. Saved me a few bucks.

When I received my initial order that had back ordered items, it was clearly marked...so must have been a weird glitch on your order. I will be ordering as much as possible from Cleaveland.

- Paolo

Back