What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AR grip throttle lever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you just confirm that the $35 price includes both the grip and the lever (angled/tilted one).
If it is, I am ready to order :)

Last edited:
. . . on the website! Djmmfg.com

Yes, I'm hijacking your thread but at least I provided a real link to your web site :)

I went to Djmmfg.com and was greeted with a picture of the "Original Deluxe Throttle Quadrant". Is that your design? Do you have any recommendations to solve the problem of the friction lock adjustment not being satisfactory for throttle, mixture, and prop at the same setting? The description of the unit on your site states "Brass friction plates are adjustable to fit individual preferences. " -- could you explain that please?

Specifically, I would like to know how to have considerably more friction on the prop control yet light friction on the throttle and mixture. I.e. see this thread.

Thanks,
Joe

Hi guys, yes the grip includes the replacement lever, cap, and grip.

Joe, How old is your quad? Or are you looking to buy one?

Oops, Yes that is the website djmmfg.com, the quadrant was designed by my father about 12 years ago, you are probable familiar with the quad being on spruce, wicks, or vans websites. This is our home page were we are launching all the new updates and new products before we release them to our distributors.

Hi Joe
Please contact me off line
Cell 17757219476
E mail [email protected]
I would like to resolve any issue you may have with your quad
Dayton

I telephoned Dayton Murdock and this is the first he has heard of this problem -- either from me or anyone (!). He had not read this thread or the earlier one I referenced.

I explained the problem that I and others are having and emailed him a link to the earlier thread. Dayton said there were no individual lever friction adjustments (one friction adjustment for all three); it's a limitation of the design. Dayton said he would look into it.

And I guess that's all I can ask at this point. I was hoping ""Brass friction plates are adjustable to fit individual preferences." connotated some sort of adjustment technique that I just wasn't seeing but alas, no.

--
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back