What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar space near Chicago?

Gregmarlow

Well Known Member
Getting transferred to Chicago (ORD) next month and would like to fly my 9A up occasionally, if I could find some space in a hangar for a few days a month. Or, just once would be good too. Probably ride up in the back of the tube most of the time, since it's "free", but my RV sure is more fun. Have a crash pad near ORD so as close to that or public transportation would be good.

Thanks,

Nearby GA Friendly

I took private pilot training at NAS Glenview and Waukegan (UGN). From my perspective the nearest GA friendly airports are Chicago Executive (formerly known as Palwaukee) (PWK) or Schaumburg (06C). A little further out would be Dupage (DPA) or Waukegan, with a 45 to 60 minute drive to ORD.
I live just north of the state line now, so can't comment on hangar space, though a lot of north suburban Chicago pilots keep their planes at Kenosha (ENW).

Greg, you can send me a PM for more details. I fly out of both Schaumburg, 06C and Dupage, DPA. Also building a 9A just ordered a Matittuck IO360.

Mark C., Schaumburg, IL

Miss my RV

Okay, now based in Chicago and am actively looking for hangar space in the area. Do any of you guys know someone with a heated T hangar that wants to cut their hangar rent in half? I shared a t hangar with a RV-6A, and also shared a t hangar with a Glastar in DC.

Thanks in advance...

Looking for heated hangar

Where about in Chicago?

Okay, now based in Chicago and am actively looking for hangar space in the area. Do any of you guys know someone with a heated T hangar that wants to cut their hangar rent in half? I shared a t hangar with a RV-6A, and also shared a t hangar with a Glastar in DC.

Thanks in advance...

Perfect, thanks!

That's a great lead, thanks! I emailed a couple of guys in the group. Hopefully, someone will know of something.

Back