What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Possible group buy Canopy Covers

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
I contacted Tom Blaine at Bruce's Custom Covers in reference to couple of questions I had about their product. I also asked if they had any interest in a potential group discount on canopy covers.

No firm numbers but depending on interest he will do something.

Any others interested?

...Need to know if the cover is intended for outdoor use as "weather resistant" and UV resistant with the usual nylon straps and Velcro,

... or are intended for indoor use only as are the Cleaveland's "Hangar Jammies"?

outdoor type

dgrayent said:
...Need to know if the cover is intended for outdoor use as "weather resistant" and UV resistant with the usual nylon straps and Velcro,

... or are intended for indoor use only as are the Cleaveland's "Hangar Jammies"?

Check out www.aircraftcovers.com for details. Looks like a "full on" weather type.

I'm interested in the cover for a 6A tip up. Any feedback on comparison with the Van's std cover as far as function and apperance?

Group Cover Buy

Very interested but don't want to commit till we hear the deal. These group buys are saving everyone a bunch of cash. Doesn't anybody have a friend at Garmin? ;)

dgrayent said:
...Need to know if the cover is intended for outdoor use as "weather resistant"

We have been using them on all of our Air Force Aero Club T-41s. They have sat outside all year round in Colorado for about the past 4 years and still look pretty good.

cover

Interested, 8A, but would like to know how big the bag is compared to Van's lightweight model.

SRV,

I have a brand new -8 cover from Bruce's, and in it's bag, it about fills half of the little side section of the forward baggage compartment. It's certianly not miniature, but it is really well made! It covers the forward baggage compartment really well to keep that out of the rain.

canopycover2ic.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
Interested

Depending upon final arrangements, I would be interested in a cover and plugs.

Tks,

-Mike Draper
RV-8 Finish
N2468RV (reserved)

I live close to Bruce's Covers so I drive down to pick my covers up. I've always been impressed by their costomer service. Any problems, they fix it, no problem
Count me in for an Empenage cover for a 6A

Group buy bad news

Despite having over 25 inquires the best price they could provide was higher than buying from Van's. Don't understand that!!

There is another potential option for a light weight travel cover. I'll get more details and let everyone know.

Is this effort still ongoing?
I'm looking to buty a canopy cover for the RV8 and wonder if this ever got off the ground.

I'm in as long as there is a reasonable saving on the Van's price, otherwise I'll wait until when I need one.

Pete

No deal

The company was unwilling to give us any volume discount. I have one of Flightline Interiors new covers and like it.

How much did you have to pay. I looked on their site and they don't mention canopy covers or prices.
Thanks,

Group buy

Count me in as interested for an all weather canopy cover for an RV9. It's gotta be able to handle Tucson sun and the straps will not flop around and scratch the incredible paint I plan to apply.

Barry

Back