What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cloud Dancer Canopy Covers

Bastien

Well Known Member
As the flying season approaches I decided it was time for my RV-8 to get a new dress. I had a canopy cover before but after 6 years it started to show some wear and has always been difficult to fit in its bag.
I decided to try out the one made by Cloud Dancers (http://clouddancers.de/en/ ) a company based in Northern Germany and well known for the quality of their glider canopy covers.
I contacted them and got a quick answer from Stefan, the company owner. As they already have canopy covers for several RV models (-6, -7, -8, -9, -10,-14 is I am correct), it wasn't long until I received mine.
The cover comes in a well made bag that fits perfectly in the front baggage compartment and is large enough to fit the cover even if you have to fold it in windy conditions, you know what I mean wit that ...
The material looks great. The inside layer is diapers like comfortable :D and has a kind of thin foam between inside and outside layer.
The only issue was that I completely forgot to mention I had the James Aircraft cowling (with a 2 1/2" prop extension). Cover fits but was slightly too short to have the perfect fit. I was feeling pretty ashamed of it but I contacted Stefan back just to mention it for future customers with the James Aircraft Cowling . The next day I got an answer saying that they would redo my cover so that it fits my cowling perfectly....
It was nothing but my mistake not to have mentioned it... That's what I call service.

RV-8 will very soon be ready for camping weekends on grass fields over Europe and my Piper L-4H is getting a complete set of hangar dust covers from them too :)

Note : I am not employed or asked by Cloud Dancers to write this. Just a happy customer who wants to share the pleasure of dealing with nice and professional people :)

38665057280_6a4b4743f2_b.jpg

39765198394_c8f816b456_b.jpg

38665063750_6bb47dfb47_b.jpg

40432243732_1044b0ace3_b.jpg

Last edited:
I did not find reference to RVs on the website but it looks like a cover like Bastien's is about $600 plus shipping and a canopy cover is about $500.

Back