Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2021, 11:54 AM

Default Bruce Bohannon's Tailwheel and RV-8 Transition Training

Whenever someone asks VAF about RV-8 training, Bruce Bohannon's name is always one of the first mentioned. There's a very good reason for this: he is an expert at flying an RV-8. He has over 15,000 hours total time; much of that has been in tailwheel aircraft. He is the only instructor in the world that teaches RV-8 training in an RV-8 that has been modified with full controls for the back seat. He has trained hundreds of RV-8 pilots over the past 20 years in that aircraft. His knowledge base is vast: crop duster; corporate pilot; aerobatic competitor; air racer; record setter and everything in between. At his private strip Flyin' Tiger Airport (81D) just outside of Angleton, TX, you can get a tailwheel endorsement in his Legend Cub and then get checked out in the RV-8 or a Pitts Special. He takes his teaching very seriously, but he has a comfortable demeanor. He can be demanding without being overbearing; he can lecture you about making a mistake without making you feel like an idiot. He will find a way to push you beyond your comfort zone without putting you in any danger or drowning you in task saturation. As a result, you'll come back from the flight amazed instead of stressed. I recently got my RV-8 transition training from him and I would rate it as the best instruction I've ever received as a pilot. He cares a lot about making sure you become the best pilot you can be. He can be contacted at (281) 889-8078 or look up 81D in any airport directory for more information.
RV-8 #83507 - registered; final assembly continues; still putting out my own brush fires.
Builder websites:
http://goatflieg.blogspot.com/
http://www.mykitlog.com/goatflieg/
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/goatflieg
Dues paid for 2021... extra payment included for psychological therapeutic services rendered.

Have you ever gotten the feeling you were smarter than you could ever prove?