What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying & Fishing in Northern Idaho

Did you guys rent fishing poles or you bring your own? Looks like a awesome time. Looking forward to trips in my rv like that after phase 1 is done

Looks like a fun trip, thanks for posting. I assume you rented a car? Are they available at the Bonners Ferry Airport?

Looks like a fun trip, thanks for posting. I assume you rented a car? Are they available at the Bonners Ferry Airport?

We hadn't originally planned on renting a car but found out quickly we needed one to get to any of the good fishing places in the area. No rentals at the airport but a couple places in town for around $35/day. They weren't thrilled about having a dog in the car though. The folks at the airport were more than happy to shuttle us to the rental place or our lodging. They also offered the courtesy car to us for the weekend, but a skydiving club was using it instead.

Blake - we elected to throw our fishing poles, a small tackle box, and a net in the back but there's places you can rent from if you wish.

The area was incredible, next time I'd like to do some flying during our stay as Glacier NP and other great scenery are nearby.

Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Back