What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GT-50 Flight Data Systems

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
- If anyone is using a GT-50, how do you like it?

- Is the case threaded for screws or does it require separate mounting hardware?

- If you’re not using yours let me know, thinking about installing one.

Last edited:
GT-50

I installed one years ago and could not be more satisfied. To keep the clock alive they need to be connected to a non-switched supply, but draw so little power it does not matter. It worked so well I later bought their fuel totalizer which is also very good.

I had one in my RV-10 and loved it. Found another one right here on the forum and picked that up for the -9A. For only $29, you can buy the optional temperature probe if you want also. The case has threads for mounting. Simple installation and I love having a clock on the panel.

I installed one in my -4 in place of a voltmeter. Super easy installation and works great. The case is threaded. It takes minutes to screw in an existing 2 1\4 instrument hole.

I really like all of the functions (clock, voltmeter, g-meter, timer, flight time) and the ease of use. I wish it displayed the max and min G without having to press a button. That's the only gripe I have.

I'd recommend it and would buy it again for a plane that didn't have an EFIS with those functions built in.

Back