What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is this Honeywell?

supik

Well Known Member
Is this a Honeywell switch? If yes, which type? It is backlit and installed in the Pilatus PC12 NG.. I like the design, but I can't find the exact model nr and I am not sure about the manufacturer as well.

zybzWUsr5Y_N-GxM9fuVYS3RDNnMxFY2dSxIbBthPMoy2DxctqfIqhw-8Y8NNK16r_MZiN6NwjTusgizkJH90ecK6pswbl1807rM6-t9Gk9SLkVGwQt8j8dNTQkHU_gHM1k5-aDQQj8Sim7Ns0KYjQu6B_8DWYCwcOqR0jzXZNwd2BWctAs-HXvCmBN3fr5A2LMG8_WkV68qYbOnVabqtV0dD07R9fkDhl_yNz-HKZMX4dmwZH3DqSGH3Fb1jtedDruv3KkWf-BMF3mIMrsaRlqTbj-emEDdYiYCDlnUi75_ttPRvhNb6k0sYJTs0jcNbkG1lOgdc_IfOIanTeyFS7iiUlcRrnAC9C29xur1Wv0m9hBctrFaAAABmU3pRW3cfRMdH9kBOd5dHCKUHPzjkhMbFSaxrf03JSUNiAjU2vTmVZy39bYMog27cTmPy7YBSAlE13-D99tNlM7ay29KkXlnZasUuoJvWCAaPR2-MgYeqiOB90viho96lFfO5cujCyH_A2ck9Ytuk3lU4NeXA4NgePKQMw3NNuOKr-AtdeiwUkkdpeQzEuKvrX2D1UVicVVFwhSRHfotN4u6CBH1LtRMwF067gA4qt8IMsV1qmHxut_6bpcb=w660-h820-no

Igor: They look like they could be Honeywell 2TP1-1 or 2TP1-3. They were all over the Fairchild Merlin I used to maintain.

Guess what rocker switches I'm using in my -7?

If they are the Honeywell switches they are expensive however, I bought my from MTW Aerospace, a salvage yard, in AL for a fraction of the cost and they looked and functioned just fine.

Google the P/N and you will find images and technical specs.

Are there circuit breakers for each of these switched circuits?

They look a lot like the old "Mooney" switch, which was actually a breaker and switch in one unit. As I recall they were made in Germany and cost $80 or each.

According to some folks I know in a picturesque Swiss valley ;), the panel is manufactured by Comtronic
http://www.comtronic-gmbh.de/en/produkte.html
Not sure if the switches themselves are sourced from someone else or not, but Pilatus buys as an assembly.
If I find out more I'll let you know.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Mike, that's very interesting and valuable info. I will be very thankful if you can follow it up ;)

I tried to compare and look for the switches at the Honeywells page, but they have hundreds of options. The TP series has no option for backlight, I guess it will come from the AML series..

EDIT: Steve you were right, it has the shape of the TP 12PA6 -Matthew from Aircraft Engravers confirmed it. I am still confused, because Honeywell states that TP style switches are not backlit but on the pic from the Pilatus they definitaly are..

EDIT2: ..my conclusion is that if the switch is not backlit itself, then the panel must provide some sort of backlighting?

Last edited:
Are there circuit breakers for each of these switched circuits?

They look a lot like the old "Mooney" switch, which was actually a breaker and switch in one unit. As I recall they were made in Germany and cost $80 or each.

Mike, did you mean these? I think they look similar, but I don't think it's the same switch..

post-7205-0-67073000-1438871660.jpg

Back