What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weekend trip idea

dweyant

Well Known Member
I need an idea for a weekend trip for the wife.

We are close to Georgetown, TX (KGTU), and would like something within about a 2-3 hour flight.

Any suggestions for a fun trip?

-Dan

How about New Orleans (KNEW) it is under 3 hours from you? My wife and I loved flying down for a weekend. Also, Hot Springs (KHOT) is a little over 2 hours and a great place to visit. Santa Fe (KSAF) is also a great weekend trip but is around 3:20 away.

TJ

How about New Orleans (KNEW) it is under 3 hours from you? My wife and I loved flying down for a weekend. Also, Hot Springs (KHOT) is a little over 2 hours and a great place to visit. Santa Fe (KSAF) is also a great weekend trip but is around 3:20 away.

TJ

Thanks for the suggestions.

What is there to do in Hot Springs? I've never been before. Looking at a 3 day weekend next month, sort of a 20h anniversary trip.

-Dan

Look at this link:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60856-Activities-Hot_Springs_Arkansas.html

and this one:

https://www.virtualtourist.com/trav...s-746990/Things_To_Do-Hot_Springs-TG-C-1.html

They have hot springs, museums, National Parks, theaters, breweries, wineries, SPAs, lots of restaurants, horseback riding on the lake shore, etc.

It is a great place for hiking and enjoying the outdoors followed by going to a spa to relax.

I think it would be a fun place for a 20th anniversary!

TJ

I need an idea for a weekend trip for the wife.

We are close to Georgetown, TX (KGTU), and would like something within about a 2-3 hour flight.

Any suggestions for a fun trip?

-Dan
A little farther away, but I like mountains... Taos at ~3.25 hrs. Buena Vista, CO at 4 hrs.

KSKX Taos, New Mexico. Stay at El Monte Sagrado...a really cool concept for a hotel. Be sure and walk all there grounds. You won't be disappointed. Also within walking distance of of the town square with entertainment and restaurants.
About a three hour flight.

Port Aransas! Probably less than 2 hours from you. Wife and I went last summer and it was great! The town bus runs every 30min or hour to the airport a few miles from town. We stayed at Amelia's Landing. Owner has a RV8. Great restaurants and beach. Rent a golf cart and cruise the town and beach!

Back