What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best Fly-In around! (9/7/14)

Had a great time, met a lot of really nice people from the chapter as well as other drive-in plane enthusiasts. First fly-in and first time on grass. And I won a really nice handcrafted trophy. Great day! :)

My chapter, EAA 643, is very proud of their trophies! Wish I had a picture of those beauties! Ha da great time showing my friend around Sky Manor.
Nice job Adam…and the whole gang!

My chapter, EAA 643, is very proud of their trophies! Wish I had a picture of those beauties! Ha da great time showing my friend around Sky Manor.
Nice job Adam…and the whole gang!

They are very nice trophy's hand build by true experimental builders (representing the spirit of the EAA).
20140907 sky manor-0001.JPG

20140907 sky manor-0002.JPG

20140907 sky manor-0003.JPG

20140907 sky manor-0004.JPG

20140907 sky manor-0005.JPG

20140907 sky manor-0006.JPG

20140907 sky manor-0007.JPG

20140907 sky manor-0008.JPG

Happy to report the RVrs represented very well :D

Fun visiting with the other RV builders :)

Last edited:
The trophies are truly a collector's item! Made from a propeller. A brilliant idea and one of a kind!

Hey David, I didn't realize your plane was a 12. I was standing near your parking spot when you pulled in. I heard the Rotax and saw the paint and just assumed you were a certified light sport. I really wish I had gotten to take a closer look. Good looking plane! Congrats on the trophy!

Hey David, I didn't realize your plane was a 12. I was standing near your parking spot when you pulled in. I heard the Rotax and saw the paint and just assumed you were a certified light sport. I really wish I had gotten to take a closer look. Good looking plane! Congrats on the trophy!

Andy, thanks for the compliment. I wish we had time to talk on Sun, I will PM you and see if we can plan a breakfast or lunch one of these weekends. There are 5 -7 RVs out of PA that usually go.

Back