What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PDK or LZU?

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
So need to attend an event in Norcross, GA in a few weeks. Norcross is basically in the middle between Peachtree-Dekalb (PDK) and Gwinnett County (LZU). For you Atlanta folks, any druthers? We’ll be coming up from the South East IFR if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
PDK is right by me, and it's a pretty easy drive to Norcross, but it can depend on the time of day. Hwy 141 is much less affected than other roads in the area.

Technically, you can take public transit from PDK to Norcross, but the bus doesn't run very frequently.

PDK has a nice big posh FBO, not so much at LZU.

If you are flying IFR, I assume ATC ops won't be any added hassle. The pattern can get a little busy with jets at times.

Go for KLZU. I was based at KLZU for 5+ years and worked in Norcross. Traffic did not typically backup to Lawrenceville when I was working in Norcross. KLZU is outside the "perimeter" loop.....traffic nightmares... this why I moved out of ATL.

Make your choice based on the amount of road traffic during the time of day you will be there by looking at Google maps. You will thank me later 😄

Tim

Back