What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pan Bolt Grade Question

RidiculousM

Well Known Member
I just received my Superior IO-360 with cold air induction sump (new). I noticed there are two pan bolts that have no markings whatsoever so it appears they are grade 2 while all the rest are grade 3. I would like to know if this is acceptable/normal or should I replace them with grade 3?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• DSC_6922.JPG
    DSC_6922.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_6924.jpg
    DSC_6924.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 221
Definitely wrong class . . . .

Three hash marks is a grade 5, not 3 and the should all be 5's. I would send the picture to Superior and just so they have to answer the question. You can get a grade 5 or 8 at the farm supply to replace it if you wish. I would not worry about it, but add it to the condition inspection list. or . . .

You might have a few on hand, and when mounting adel, red cube etc in FWF stage just replace it while it is easy.

Bill, Thank you for the replay. I really meant grade 5 for the 3 tick ones. I'm just gonna replace now. What bothers me is how they got there to begin with, this was put together by a shop that has a great reputation. I'm going to assume grade 2 bolts are common for other things in an engine shop and just got mixed in. Anyway thanks for the help.

Mike

Nice catch

Nice catch. Thanks for the heads-up. Keep us posted if you should hear back from Sup.

Back