What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Training

Coba

I'm New Here
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, tried to find the proper place to post but could not find a “training section” (sorry, please bump if need be)

Anyway, last summer, after years of flying for the airlines, I got “the itch” to get back in to flying small airplanes again. All my aviation Buddies told me: *“Get an RV, Get an RV”... and after looking at, and flying a few other type of homebuilt aircraft's, that is exactly what I did.

After I bought a beautiful RV-8, my Buddies told me to go get my RV-8 training and check-out with Bruce Bohannon at his really cool place, Flying Tiger Airport in Angleton, TX and that is also exactly what I did...

After many years of flying heavy Jets, I had forgotten a lot about flying small planes. My patterns were way too wide and I was flaring way too high for Bruce’s liking... :)
But he got me back on track and to a point where I was comfortable with the RV-8.

Not only is Bruce a World Record “Maker & Breaker”, but he is also a Great Instructor and a Great Guy!
So if you need RV training, call him up, I promise you will have a great time at his place.*

C.

https://www.airnav.com/airport/81D

I agree 100% with your comments on Bruce Bohannon. He instructed me almost two years ago in his -8 before I ever purchased N184FN. I still remember his instructions and try to fly and land like he taught me.

Hi all,

Add my name to the list of pilots singing the praises of Bruce Bohannon.

I recently travelled to Bruce’s Flyin’ Tiger Airport in Angleton, TX for transition training, and I have to say, flying with Bruce was a highlight of my aviation career. Training in his specially modified RV8 was invaluable; the entire experience was personalized, practical, and FUN!!

Bruce is a great learning experience.

Just KEEP IT STRAIGHT and listen much more than you speak and you will learn a lot! 10/10.

+1 for Bruce. I just flew with him in his Legend Cub for some tailwheel refresher before I fly my -6. He's an excellent instructor and offered a lot of tips both on first flights and what to expect with the -6. I had trouble finding contact info for him because I wasn't aware of the Transition Training link on the home page. It's here: https://vansairforce.net/transition_training.htm

Great Training!

I also went to fly with Bruce back in January. It was a great experience that boosted my confidence in flying my new RV8.
Bruce is a great instructor to fly with. Highly recommended!

Robert S.

Biannual

After reading so many good things about Bruce here on vansairforce, I recently did a BFR with him. I learned a lot and enjoyed Bruce immensely. Great guy and fantastic CFI.

Back