What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting a RV with Enudra paint?

loopfuzz

Well Known Member
I'm looking for people who have painted their planes with Endura aviation paint. Wondering what your experience was and if you would do it again?

Found them at oshkosh this year.

I'm looking for people who have painted their planes with Endura aviation paint. Wondering what your experience was and if you would do it again?

Found them at oshkosh this year.

My 6A was painted with Endura but don't think they had aviation specific paint at that point. I've sprayed some other parts like my rad scoop with it. Goes on and flows out nice and is as tough as nails.

Endura Paint

I had my C-150 professionally stripped and repainted with Endura in 2004, white all over with three color stripes on the fuselage. It has to live outside and I thought this paint would look like new for at least 10 years. It didn't. After about four years the top surfaces were starting to lose their gloss and after about six years the wing tops and horizontal stabilizer were showing spider cracks. By this year there were several hand size spots where the white topcoat had cracked off showing the primer underneath. I cannot recommend Endura for aircraft. I'll be using Sherwin Williams aircraft paint on my RV-9A

I had planned to leave my 6A outside (in hanger now). I painted my plane with a nice single-stage paint for chip resistance, but also shot a coat of clear coat over the single-stage. Any good clear coat will have a good quantity of UV inhibitors in it and will help to eliminate the problems outlined above when sitting outside.

Larry

Back