What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a picture of your RV-10 progress.

She's got legs!

IMG_7700.JPG

Fun times

It was pretty funny looking trying to get the nose gear to compress the elastomers so we could get the bolt through. Didnt have any ratcheting straps handy so we had someone hanging on the engine mount while I was lifting up on the tail and Brandi slid the bolt in.

Good Job B & B!

Brandi and Brian,

I am watching your progress as well (and your webpage). My project isn't coming along as fast as yours, but then again, I didn't have a head start;). Congrats. Keep up the good work (and posts).

Fired on second blade.

Only a minor problem...rpm was 1/2 what it should have been. Easy fix on grt.

I am really tired of settings, configurations, limits, etc.

AW insp Tue.

Will fly after Ted returns from Bahamas and I redo w&b due to Thanksgiving dinner.

Coming up on my 2 yr goal...Dec 1st. Right on schedule. Sorry no pics, too busy to learn for the past two years. You guys know what it looks like. Manly pink and silver.

Ted will post some first flight pics.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne, good job:D

You are going to enjoy the 10 for sure.

Good luck with the airworthiness inspection, and first flight.

Well I was going to post a picture of my new Fuselage kit...

What a Bummer. was told my Fuselage kit was to be delivered today, so I took the day off from work. Truck never showed up. Bummer. Guess I will have to wait for monday.... Not like I don't have anything to work on. Upside is that I got my right flap assembled while waiting.

Nothing worse than someone telling you to be home and then not showing up.

Sorry to hear that Bill. You'll be on your way soon. Dealing with the shipping companies is one of the more frustrating parts of getting the project started. Later on in the project you just expect it and roll with the punches.

Looking forward to seeing your posts once you get going.

Wing Top Skins riveted to wings.

Just finished riveting the top skins on both wings. 863 Rivets per wing.

:D
DSC00119Small.JPG

Santa's new Sleigh

IMG_0249.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my first attempt at attaching a photo. :confused: Hopefully I managed to do it correctly.

I just thought I would show how my family helps get the RV into the Christmas spirit.

Eric Ison
RV 10 Builder # 40764
n984ED reserved

Last edited:
And one more

My wife is going for spouse of the year by suggesting that we put some new art on the living room wall.

IMG_0197.jpg

Nice!

Nice pictures B & B. Keep plugging along. You're providing great RV representation for Georgia and giving us some great motivation!

Before taking the cabin top off for paint, we're putting the entire interior in to determine what areas of the fuselage will need to be finished and how we want to finish them.

We're also building templates for carpet and other custom upholstery areas such as the baggage bulkhead. Once we break the interior down and remove the top, we'll send the templates off for covering, send the seats out for upholstery, etc... I've already found a few items that I need to finish/change that have made this extra excursion worth while.

This is probably my favorite progress pic ever. He loves being in the airplane. He makes airplane sounds (So I don't have to) and when mama comes out in the garage he's signing 'airplane' to make sure she knows what we're working on.

He's a worthwhile excursion too.

Phil

402396_2398596961037_1134411749_31967927_153346552_n.jpg

10 Months down 2x to go

10 months and 720 hours into my build.
Fuselage arrived 10 days ago, and just finished my wings. Well they are not done, but done for now. Still have wingtips and bottom skin riveting to go, but waiting until I have them wired up and the autopilot installed. (Still trying to decide on which AP, but that depends on which EFIS, which depends on ....) Hope to have at least all the metalwork on the fuselage done by Oshkosh, then I really will have some decisions to make at Oshkosh.
IMG_1888.JPG

Boy that crate is much larger in person.
IMG_1926.JPG

Wings done! well sort of.
IMG_1883.JPG

Tanks pressure tested. 10 days later balloon was still same size.... what a releaf.

Bill

Congrats Rudi :D
So the nest is empty once again ;)
I am surprised that you moved it so soon.
Or is the idea to do the messy stuff like making all the pink dissapear at the hangar?

Congrats Rudi :D
So the nest is empty once again ;)
I am surprised that you moved it so soon.
Or is the idea to do the messy stuff like making all the pink dissapear at the hangar?

Thanx Jan, I am leaving the messy stuff to the painter to dissapear.
The plan is to fit the QB wings for wing root fairing fitting then off to the painter the fuse goes, while the QB wings come home to finish them.

Tailcon

That's exactly where I am. Dimpled, Finish deburring tomorrow, prime on Tuesday. I think it's about time I learn how to post pics.
Don

RV Zulu "Ten" gets some colour

Thanx Jan, I am leaving the messy stuff to the painter to dissapear.
The plan is to fit the QB wings for wing root fairing fitting then off to the painter the fuse goes, while the QB wings come home to finish them.

The Painter is making progress on the fuselage, while we are making progress on the wings at home.

[Week 119: Total Hours = 1470]

We have good progress this week! The colour reveal below, and "Rosie" is feeling better! :D

Fuselage Painting is progressing well...masking for silver and red
paint_04.jpg

paint_05.jpg

The red is on...familiar design...like the little brother RV Zulu 7??? ZULU 7
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=31978
paint_06.jpg

Positioning the registration letters. RV Zulu "Ten" or RV ZU- "LUXury" which ever you prefer. I hope to bring the fuse home to hangar if all goes well at the end of this week.
paint_07.jpg

My wife aka "Rosie Riveter" recovered a bit from her flu, and we shot some rivets on the bottom wing skins. She caught me reaching deep inside an inspection hole to buck some difficult rivets.
wing_016.jpg

One wing completely skinned, one more to go...maybe this week pending how "Rosie" is feeling...
wing_017.jpg

Regards
Rudi

Back