What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Palm Springs recommended airport?

loopfuzz

Well Known Member
Looking for a RV friendly airport in the the Palm springs area. Looks like there are a few to choose from. Looking to avoid landing fees if possible. I'm only going to be in town for 2 nights. Recommendations?

Cheers!

Palm Springs

Bermuda Dunes (UDD) 12 miles east of International. You could call and ask about fees, I don't think there is a landing fee. Only close in alternate for International. Fuel is under $5 gallon.

Bermuda Dunes (UDD) 12 miles east of International. You could call and ask about fees, I don't think there is a landing fee. Only close in alternate for International. Fuel is under $5 gallon.

Ditto! Landing/parking at PSP is convenient, but bring money. Buckets of it. My last time to Palm Springs I parked at Bermuda Dunes instead and quite liked it; easy access to I-10 and reasonable parking fees, maybe $5 per night. If you want cheaper fuel, gotta go to Thermal, Banning or Big Bear.

Only thing about UDD is a fairly ridiculous rental car rate. They have a private company in there that charged us around $85/day.

Consider Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport (KTRM)

I've tried all three Palm Springs area airports but I find the best fuel prices, tie down/hanger rates and rental car rates at Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport (KTRM). It's an easy 1/2 hr max drive to the Palm Springs area. The Bermuda Dunes airport would be my second choice...but it is much pricier.

Bob Cowan, RV-7A
400+ hrs

+1 for KTRM. cheaper and convenient rental cars make up for the extra 10 minute drive. plenty of runway and plenty of ramp space.

Ditto! Landing/parking at PSP is convenient, but bring money. Buckets of it. My last time to Palm Springs I parked at Bermuda Dunes instead and quite liked it; easy access to I-10 and reasonable parking fees, maybe $5 per night. If you want cheaper fuel, gotta go to Thermal, Banning or Big Bear.
Cheap fuel at Cable (KCCB) too. $3.74/gal. last time I filled up. And Chino always seems to have good prices. Just depends on which way you're flying and what's convenient.

Back