What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleveland Stamp, RnR Hall of Fame and Cheap Subway Sandwich

Vlad

Well Known Member
Monday. I am off. Where to go? What to do? Cousin in Dublin, NY is the worst private pilot nightmare.

d91d0a6c.jpg

The only good weather is in Cleveland and somebody already told me that Subway sandwich there is 15 cents cheaper. I have the reason.

Out of this mess.

5844b031.jpg

Out and up.

8319ba9d.jpg

A lil upper...

dd86a668.jpg

And here it is nice weather and beautiful city of Cleveland.

a21dad95.jpg

b353ba04.jpg

Parked between jets and walked out of the gate.

4b661fbe.jpg

By WWII sub

6f1d176a.jpg

to rock-n-roll Hall of Fame.

d9610559.jpg

133eae09.jpg

5bd567bc.jpg

Then to downtown. What's on the stamp? Anybody knows? I missed it.

3b4d0504.jpg

Then I ate cheap subway sandwich ($9.12) and went back to the airport.

Bought compulsory couple gallons of tasty Blue and wroomed home.

ec4ca5b9.jpg

Enjoyed space views.

638d8075.jpg

There is a corridor in the sky cut for VFR guy. Right there twelve o'clock.

06606655.jpg

It's all agricultural down there. All green. Pennsylvania beautiful.

abd6360e.jpg

bdad0586.jpg

Great looking steamy puffs.

0391836d.jpg

A blimpie was trying to make it to his mast. Sorry buddy i got afterburners.

9029f548.jpg

In couple hours I am back to square one. Back to reality.

511ed5d6.jpg

ea5bfad3.jpg

Last edited:
Cleveland

Saw your track---wondered what was happening. This explains it all. Good write up. Keep 'em comming!!:)

Vlad... please reassure me that the OXY bottle is stowed away in a well secured location while you're flying and not riding shotgun. :) We love ya brother!!

Vlad... please reassure me that the OXY bottle is stowed away in a well secured location while you're flying and not riding shotgun. :) We love ya brother!!

Noted Reiley thanks. Exposed for photo mission, I strapped it with seatbelt later. Working on a permanent mount still searching for the best spot...

Being a 50-year-+ fan of the Cleveland Indians (I grew up in Massachusetts, it's a long story), a trip to Cleveland is among the FIRST trips -- maybe the first -- that I plan to take in the plane once flight testing is complete. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anybody want to have a little fly-in and go to a ballgame after Oshkosh sometime?

Being a 50-year-+ fan of the Cleveland Indians (I grew up in Massachusetts, it's a long story), a trip to Cleveland is among the FIRST trips -- maybe the first -- that I plan to take in the plane once flight testing is complete. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anybody want to have a little fly-in and go to a ballgame after Oshkosh sometime?

I'm sure you can get some of the Ohio Valley RVators to show up.

Here's a link to the Yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OhioValleyRVators/

bob

Your the man

I'm still planning, designing and building. Will we see you and the little bird at Oshkosh?

I'm still planning, designing and building. Will we see you and the little bird at Oshkosh?

Dean keep it moving it will happen soon before you know it. Just be on it every day. No Oshkosh for me this year buddy. I am off every other weekend and it's a miss. Could you buy Smitty a beer?

Back