What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston area monthly lunch (June 2019)

N546RV

Well Known Member
It's that time again, where we eat brisket and ribs while sporadically discussing airplane building and flying. Lunch will be at Carl's BBQ at Weiser, this Saturday (6-15) at 11:30.

I guess at some point we'll need to figure out a new location with the impending demise of Weiser, at least if we want to maintain the possibility of fly-in guests...

Fly in guests

Talking about fly in guests, I'll have to do the long cross country from Dan Jones International to Weiser to have lunch on Saturday 😁.
See you there👍

Look forward to making one of these, can't make this month as have a family commitment. Obviously, Hooks or Conroe are good alternatives...

Don't use Hooks....that's where I'm temporarily based. I wouldn't be able to fly. Well, I'm at the Jet Center. Guess I could jump in and taxi over :D

I hadn?t heard that Weiser is shutting down, though probably inevitable given it?s location is prime real estate. I lived right beside Andrau when I first moved to Houston in the late ?80?s. It?s been gone probably 20 years.

Look forward to making one of these, can't make this month as have a family commitment. Obviously, Hooks or Conroe are good alternatives...

Yeah, right now we alternate between Weiser and Hooks, just to keep some variety in the locations. Maybe we'll end up doing Hooks and Conroe when the time comes. From what I'm hearing, Weiser isn't officially sold yet, just under contract, but the deal is expected to close on September, with 90 days thereafter for the handover. So maybe open until the end of this year.

Back