What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine....check!

BigD

Well Known Member
21v1ht.jpg

==dave==

Jealous!!

Wow! I'm completely jealous.

You have the Ingersoll Rand 2 stage compressor??!!

Just kidding - I hope to be at the "hanging the engine" stage one day too! Congratulations!

Excellent work! Now when you sit in the plane and make airplane noises it will be that much more realistic (and expensive)!

I built a ND for my current one. I like it. You may need to drill/tap a shallow 1/4-20 hole on the flat boss above the starter for the left ramp brace.

Not a solo effort - my financial and 'when needed' build partner (and RV-6 owner) lent a hand (and a hoist):

s5jmzd.jpg

You guys are a riot...I did sit in the airplane tonight, but was muttering foul language running the wires for the Dynon and unwiring the OAT probe from the connector for a re-route; also figured out the governor studs are too short. Not sure what an ND is...

2 1/2 years in and finally able to remove the sawhorse from under the tail, and the garage door still shuts. What's not to like?

==dave==
N102FM
Flying Monkeys

big milestone! congrats

that's a big milestone.

beware! you need a different mindset for wiring..... transitioning from big engine mount bolts to tiny wires takes time. even focusing on those tiny wires is an effort. I thought I would finish the wiring in 2 months. I finished the wiring in 6 months and I was almost at the end of perseverance. my advice would be to run all the wires that you can envision needing and then add a few spares.

I'm a step ahead of you, although that's probably good advice. Fininshed most of the wiring about a year ago - all that's left is to do the wings, engine, one more stick and any troubleshooting that comes up...In fact, I keep arguing with myself about putting the panel in, but at this point it would still be in the way and get dirty. I was just doing the wiring for the Dynon magnetometer and a little cleanup on the sub-panel.

==dave==
N102FM

Back