What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh 2022 - SIXTH Annual HBC Beer Tasting - Sunday 7/24

bullojm1

Well Known Member
(Re-kicking off this thread - it was accidentally deleted)

Jerry Folkerts and the folks at HBC have been nice enough to continue to allow us to hold our Homebuilt Camping Sunday Night Beer Tasting again this year. I guess we have fooled them for the past 5 events into thinking we are responsible upstanding citizens of the community :D

3 Simple Rules:
  • Bring a 6 pack to participate
  • Be mindful there are others not participating in this event in the pavilion. With the current forecast of rain for Sunday (hopefully wrong!), more non participants may be present.
  • Clean up after yourself

We will kick off the event at....well when else - 5pm! We will start setting up and accepting beer to chill down around 2pm.

Oshkosh's policy has been no outside alcohol through the gates, which they have seem to been cracking down on more and more each year. So be creative, find somewhere to sneak it over/under the fence, get the Welcome Wagon to help you get it through the gate, bribe the guard!

Hey guys,
I was the creator of the thread & looked for it yesterday.
DR, I emailed you to ask why. I didn't realize I had made it temp.

With that said, Mike, I will not be attending this year. I had a hernia repair surgery last Tuesday, and Sunday, I had a setback.

I've asked Scott Hersha to take the stick, but since you're going to be there, I'm sure you want to get back to it.

Jack Pelton, Van & Greg want to make a special ceremonial announcement prior to our start. Keep an eye out for them & try to keep the thirsty tasters at bay.

Have fun. It pains me to not be up there with you all.
See you all next year.

So is this happening the sunday before the airshow? We're coming to camp but will be in the motorhome rv area. But I am building an rv-7 and also like microbrew...

With that said, Mike, I will not be attending this year. I had a hernia repair surgery last Tuesday, and Sunday, I had a setback.

I've asked Scott Hersha to take the stick, but since you're going to be there, I'm sure you want to get back to it.

Jack Pelton, Van & Greg want to make a special ceremonial announcement prior to our start. Keep an eye out for them & try to keep the thirsty tasters at bay.

Dan - sorry to hear about your setback, wishing you a successful trip back to good health. Scott reached out to me and we have a plan in place.

I know about Jack,Van and Greg being at the event, we will wait for them before popping tops.

So is this happening the sunday before the airshow? We're coming to camp but will be in the motorhome rv area. But I am building an rv-7 and also like microbrew...

Correct, this coming Sunday, before the show starts.

Where?

For my edification, and also those like me that haven't attended this gathering before, where, exactly, on the grounds will I find this. I'll be in Homebuilt parking.

For my edification, and also those like me that haven't attended this gathering before, where, exactly, on the grounds will I find this. I'll be in Homebuilt parking.

Google maps hasnt been updated since the pavillion went up, but if you follow the main taxiway between HBC and warbird parking all the way to the fence there's a large structure there now with portable bathrooms and grills and tables. You can't miss it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-115249.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-115249.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 138
Back