What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 8 ground adjustable rudder pedals

keith6261

Outer surface of f-8108-r to outer surface f-8108-l is suppose to measure 15 1/4 inches. Seems as if I cannot get closer than 15 3/8 but the holes don't match at this point either. I've cleaned the power coating from all edges. Any advice?

I used the ground adjustable pedals too and being frustrated at that point. The basic fuselage plans/procedures assume you will use the in-flight pedals and it was difficult to get the rails to the proper spacing using the drawings/plans provided with the ground adjustable pedals.. I didn’t document is well and I can’t see it now but I know i had to improvise and it involved removing at least one AD470 rivet and replacing it with a flush rivet. I did find a way to get them to fit at the proper spacing. Good luck

I remembered I had to drill out a larger holes and used the #5 rivets for the ends of the rails.

In process right now for better or worse. Pain in the butt. Despite being able to hit the specified dimensions between the two rails, and verifying that they are perfectly straight and parallel, existing underlying rivets (AD 470's) at the back end of the rails conflict. By that I mean that even after drilling out those rivets and installing flush blind rivets underneath, that there is now no room to install the #5 rivets without hitting the blind rivets underneath or having notable edge distance issues. Maybe it's me, but on the surface it seems like mediocre engineering.

Back