What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Low-cost tail strobe light for RV - 9A

mine too

Mine has been running on the tail of my RV 9A for almost two years now. It is on full time when the avionics switch is on. That is quite a bit of duty time, since I fly the plane for work several days each week. It is sturdy, bright and reliable. I did not build mine, just bought it completed and did the conversion from the original tail light fixture.
No one has ever noticed the flash is spelling out a message. Anyway, good product and priced very reasonably. Check it out....
(I was in Australia all last week.... but did not have time to go check out the production facility.... maybe it is just a garage anyway! ) Cheers.

How about a tail light with a solid epoxy dome lens that will also flash your tail number out in Morse code...

I so want to replace all my lights and this and the wing tip position lights / strobes are on my short list.

Then I can pull out my strobe pack and lighten the plane a little more. Now, if only I could lighten my belly!

i think I have the first set of wing tip lights paul shipped to the US for the 415 wing tips and probably one of the first tail lights. I cannot praise them more. they are super bright, easy to build, and look great.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Back