What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SkyView HDX, WiFi, and Foreflight

Scotty G

Well Known Member
Hi, gang,

I put an iPad mini with ForeFlight in my back seat, and connected to my SkyView HDX WiFi. I’m getting a moving map, AHRS attitude info, and GPS speed and altitude.

I’ve looked up the topic in the manuals, but I’m not finding any info about making changes.

Is there any way to change GPS speed/alt to IAS and baro altitude?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, gang,

I put an iPad mini with ForeFlight in my back seat, and connected to my SkyView HDX WiFi. I’m getting a moving map, AHRS attitude info, and GPS speed and altitude.

I’ve looked up the topic in the manuals, but I’m not finding any info about making changes.

Is there any way to change GPS speed/alt to IAS and baro altitude?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Scotty.. no, unfortunately there isn't, because SkyView doesn't push that info out via WiFi.

You can click the fields on the bottom of the map screen in ForeFlight Mobile to see what options are available for display.

When landing from the backseat of the RV-8, I find it most convenient to reach up with my left hand and gently push the front seat pilot's head to the right, just far enough so I can see his flight instruments. Problem solved. :D

Back