What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JDair Tailwheel Link

JLuke

I'm New Here
I want to install the JDair rigid tailwheel link on my RV9. Come to find out, it seems the tail spring tube is shorter than normal, making the link about 2" too long. Has anyone else come across this?

I’m confused - but that’s pretty normal. How can something shorter lead to something being too long?

I just installed one on my -8. The spring housing is shorter, but the rod ends make up for most - if not all - of that.

All I had to do was match the length of the rod ends where the attach points screw into. I cut off about 1/4” of each, screwed in to fine tune, locked the bolts, and off I went.

And I’m not even a mechanic or builder. VBG

Attachments

• 41612BD2-763B-477C-88EE-36B67B85F792.jpeg
    41612BD2-763B-477C-88EE-36B67B85F792.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
Didn't we talk??

I want to install the JDair rigid tailwheel link on my RV9. Come to find out, it seems the tail spring tube is shorter than normal, making the link about 2" too long. Has anyone else come across this?

Didn't we talk about this on the phone? Give me a call and we'll get it figured out. Every one of these planes are slightly different.

Call me Monday.

Back