What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O-360 measurement question…

Malcolm

I'm New Here
I’m wondering if anybody knows the measurement from the flywheel forward to the outermost edge of the cowling. I’m installing an extension for a new prop and need to make sure it is the right one. Apparently there’s two different lengths that it can be depending on the year of your RV.

If anyone currently has their RV taken apart, and can measure that for me, it would be greatly appreciated, even a rough measurement and the year of your RV “kit purchased” date would help.
My RV finishing kit was purchased in 1991.

Just saw this... still needed? I can check next time I go to the hangar, probably by tomorrow 5/6. My finish kit / cowl is from around 1997 (best guess). Epoxy cowl with the honeycomb. O-360-A1A.

I’m wondering if anybody knows the measurement from the flywheel forward to the outermost edge of the cowling. I’m installing an extension for a new prop and need to make sure it is the right one. Apparently there’s two different lengths that it can be depending on the year of your RV.

If anyone currently has their RV taken apart, and can measure that for me, it would be greatly appreciated, even a rough measurement and the year of your RV “kit purchased” date would help.
My RV finishing kit was purchased in 1991.

A finish kit from 1991 would have a cowl that would require a 4 inch long extension.

Back