What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another First Flight

BlackhawkSP

Well Known Member
I'm glad to report that another Vans's RV-9A was born today at the Shelbyville, IN Airport (KGEZ). Dave and Scott Prange spent the better part of 10 years building a super clean/light 9A.
Dave did the honors of the first flight, and I acted as chase plane/safety eyes with his son Scott in the back of my RV-8 to record the numbers that dave radioed back to us.

huraqh.jpg

Dave had family and other RV friends there to witness the event.

28vbord.jpg

We watched for other traffic and monitored UNICOM for the airport nearby while Dave stayed focused on what his plane was doing. The numbers were all well behaved for a brand new engine.

sbsnm8.jpg

Dave reported that the plane flew hands off balanced wings level. No aileron trim needed:).

9pv0uq.jpg

r9qruh.jpg

The landing was uneventful, and Dave definitely had the "RV Grin" going on as he taxied in.

108fhvq.jpg

Congrats! What a great feeling to know that after 10 years of effort she flies great!

Congrats Scott and Dave on a quality build and a beautiful looking RV. Keep us posted and have a safe phase 1.

Another -9 in the air! Fantastic! Congratulations! I didn't use enough exclamation points!!!

BIGtime congrats!!!!

...and welcome to the 9A family! Hope to see you at 4I7 one of these weekend mornings (... if you're lucky, it's within your Phase I restrictions. ):)

Great job

Fabulous. Wonderful. Awesome. Enjoy this fabulous machine. Thanks for posting pictures as they tell a great story.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A N942PT

Dues paid. Flying.

Back