What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

E-Mag wire harness for automotive spark plugs

I’m doing it exactly that way but on an RV7A.

The mag drops are not the same but it runs smooth in either Pmag.

Bevan

How many are using e-mag and auto plugs and using R mag for all upper or all lower plugs?

If you only have one pMag, run all bottom plugs on it. They will be more resistant to fouling compared to mag/aviation plugs.

I alway put one pMag on the top plugs, and one on the bottom plugs (all NGK BR8ES). The mag way to have some top and some bottom on each mag is not applicable to pMags.

Carl

If you only have one pMag, run all bottom plugs on it. They will be more resistant to fouling compared to mag/aviation plugs.

I alway put one pMag on the top plugs, and one on the bottom plugs (all NGK BR8ES). The mag way to have some top and some bottom on each mag is not applicable to pMags.

Carl

While I agree about the fouling I put my autos on top because it is sooooooooo much easier to get an auto plug out of the top than an aviation one due to the baffles. No fouling on my massives after 185 hours yet.

Thanks for the reply
I have the Right P-Magneto powering the upper plugs on each cylinder, and the Left P-Mag powereing the lower plugs.
Cheers
John:)

Back