What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Golf Clubs in a Model 6 or 7?

N743RV

I'm an avid golfer, but have to go solo when I want to take my golf clubs... as their length requires passenger seat removal. Has anyone done a mod that would allow golf clubs, passenger and pilot? I'm thinking about a tube that would extend past the rear baggage area bulkhead. Might try to design something myself but don't want to re-invent the wheel if there is a good solution already available!

Bob Cowan RV-7A IO-360, CS Blended Airfoil, AFS EFIS
500 plus hours flying since 2009.

Two things to be careful of......1/ The baggage bulkhead is structural and 2/ Watch your aft C/G as fuel is burned off.

I can fit my bag sideways with long handle clubs taken out and set between my passenger and I.
Not ideal but it does work if you have a small carry bag.

I made a hatch in the rear bulkhead at floor level, hinged at the top. I riveted a doubler around the perimeter that keeps the door from moving into the fuselage cavity. A screw keeps it closed 99% of the time and it is easy to haul a long rifle or two in their cases. Just the last 18" or so of the muzzle goes thru the hatch door and the baggage straps hold everything in place.

Back