What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Global Aerospace and AUA Insurance

gvouga

Well Known Member
There have been a lot of discussions about Insurance over the past few months so I thought I would relay my experience to everyone after my birdstrike.

AUA (broker) - I submitted my original claim to Pam Sharpe. She was very responsive and linked me up with the Global adjuster in less than a day. She was helpful answering my questions during the process and helped me set up my current policy for not in motion insurance during my rebuild.

Global Aerospace Insurance - Most of my dealings have been with the adjuster Woody Loepp. He always answered the phone or returned my calls in less than an hour. He provided useful guidance about repair shops that other people (RV owners) have used when they had issues, but was not pushing me toward the cheapest alternative. I know some of the shops that he recommended and they are well received by the RV community already. I put together a detailed estimate that covered every expense that I could think of, but I thought was fair. They covered my labor and only questioned the number of hours I had listed for the canopy rebuild. We agreed on a reasonable number up front and will adjust based on the actual hours it takes upon completion of the rebuild. It took 3 business days from the time I submitted the estimate to when I received the check!

Most of us pay our insurance premiums each year and never have a claim. The insurance companies are always very nice when they are taking your money, and we only hope that they will do the right thing when/if the time comes to pony up for a claim. Well, Global and AUA certainly took care of me and made the process easier than I could have ever imagined. Honestly, I'm still in shock about how easy everything has been. Yes, they checked the normal logs and stuff, but I never felt that they were looking for a way to get out of the claim. I highly recommend them and they will continue to keep my business for the foreseeable future.

It seems that you have had good luck with them. I wish I could say the same. I sold my RV and cancelled my insurance around May 16th. I had just paid my premium of around $1850 at the end of april. I was told my refund would take 6-8 weeks, and it was $1740. It's now august, 10 weeks later and I still don't have any money. 2 weeks ago I was told the check would go out the next day, yet it still has not arrived. When I call I get transffered to voicemails, and my emails are ignored. I have always been polite, but it's getting to be a challenge to remain so. :(

Call Global direct

Global Aerospace - PBO, Overland Park, KS
Jack Chisholm - PBO manager
913-696-1577

Pam Sharpe ignores her customer

Pam used to be at AUA, but no longer works there. I continued to insure my RV-6 through her, but now she is very uncooperative. She won't answer the phone or e-mails. All I need is a statement of coverage mailed to the airport manager, but Pam has not even answered my calls or e-mails. It's been over 4 months of attempting to get her to send this info. I get her voicemail, but no response. I would steer away from Pam Sharpe ... if she won't communicate with an insured customer for a simple statement of coverage, how challenging will it be if anything happens to my plane?

In past years she had been good, but apparantly in the year 2014 she is no longer a person who is trustworthy or able to do customer service.

Frustrated and feeling cheated,
Mike

Back