What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airworthy

Vlad

Well Known Member
and here is the proof. Five years of building culminated with 4 hours very detailed inspection. I've never worked that hard in my life as today :D Every possible cover was opened, every control surface bolt checked for threads showing, even quality of shop head rivets on longeron/skins were checked. Engine was run and parameters were recorded. Thank you VAF for motivation and contribution!

Airworthy.jpg

DAR.jpg

Great Birthday present, isn't it? :D Time for some serious training now...

Excellent! Congratulations. Let the real adventures begin.

Scott you can not even imagine how you helped me good buddy. Thank you and Tanya personally. Those were good days when you kept your build public. I have good archive if you ever lost or need some pix :)

always great to see a completion from a regular poster... look forward to your first flight report!

Stephen,
I am just a poster but your contribution and advice was always valuable. Not many builders who finished continue giving advice and opinions. You are the one who does.

Awesome news Vlad!!! I had to wait two weeks for schedule and weather to cooperate...August??? That's gonna be tough man!!:D

Congrats!!:cool:

Congratulations, I got my pink slip last month and you are going to love flying your new 9A. I swear mine is the easiest plane to land I have ever flown. The only thing I felt was different was the rudder pressure on takeoff. That big rudder takes a fair amount of push to keep it straight compared to a 172. I flew yesterday in nearly 100 degree weather and winds 25 gusting to 30 MPH and it was no problem getting her on the ground safely. Get some dual and you are in for a great time.

Great news!

That is great to see after all this time!

Now, you have enough days to fly off the 40 and make it to OSH.

BTW, You thought building was expensive...

Awesome news Vlad!!! I had to wait two weeks for schedule and weather to cooperate...August??? That's gonna be tough man!!:D

Congrats!!:cool:

Chad I have a squadron of mighty 152s at local school to enjoy first :D Haven't flown seriously since 1991.

Enjoy

Glad to have watched your progress over time and now see you cross the finish line. You will LOVE the plane. Get current, get transitioned and enjoy the heck out of your new bird.

Blue skies Vlad. :D

Congrats

Congrats Vlad. We're gonna miss you at OSH this year. Hopefully I might be in your position this time next year. Shouldn't you be trying to get current in something with a low wing - just saying.

Nice going there Mr. impaler. Also glad to see you've fixed your printer (no more funny letters coming out).

Way to go!

Well done Vlad . . . weather permitting, tomorrow will be the day my -9A see air under her wings!! Talk soon.

Поздравляю Влада. Будете ли вы разгрома бутылку водки за самолет?

(I love Google)

OK, I had to look it up.

Congratulations Vlad. Will you defeat bottle of vodka for aircraft?

Vlad:thank you

Vlad,

Amazing airplane ... although it's a bit fast to see with the naked eye. I think I need one of those high speed cameras !

Sqeaky!

Way to go Vlad! Very excited for you....and very jealous too.

Nice 'sqeaky' clean landing by the way.

Best,

Evans.

Back