What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Floor Panels

Bartman

Well Known Member
This is a dumb question but,,,,,,, has anyone had a problem getting the floor panels F-830pp and F-831pp to fit into the QB fuselage. If so any solution??? Thanks Eric "Bart" Simpson

Hello Bart,

If those are the rear seat floor panels, the answer is...Yup! Some trimming and fitting are required.....

Paul

Hi Bart,

I spent quite a bit of time fitting my floorboards. You'll have to bend, curl, file, trim, and generally fiddle with them to get them to lie flat.

Here's a log entry that might help you:
Floorboards

(You'll notice, in the photos, that I split my aft floorboards into two pieces each so they'd be easy to install and remove when I need to. This is certainly not required.)

Have fun!

I for one, modified the floor panels into six separate panels and they are a breeze to remove. All have platenuts for easy removal except for the holes in the longerons which I tapped. When I did this about 18 months ago there were several differents threads on this and one of the Yahoo groups.

Thanks for the information, I split the f-831 in the same place as the one in the "KitLog" photo , made a angle out of 040,, rivet one side and plate nuts on the other (looks good) and the F-831 now can be taken in and out a with out a problem ...Thanks ! Now does anyone have a photo of where they split there F-830PP???? Thanks again..

Back