What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL-82 ADSB out and GTX 327 w/GNS430w

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
If I use the Garmin GDL-82 kit to upgrade my GTX 327 to ADSB out on my RV7a, would I be able to use the GNS 430w antenna and bypass installing a 2nd antenna (which comes with the GDL-82 kit)? How would this tie in be wired and what software upgrade would be required on the GNS 430? Has anyone done this conversion recently as a do it yourself operation? Thanks..

GDL 82 Installation

If I use the Garmin GDL-82 kit to upgrade my GTX 327 to ADSB out on my RV7a, would I be able to use the GNS 430w antenna and bypass installing a 2nd antenna (which comes with the GDL-82 kit)? How would this tie in be wired and what software upgrade would be required on the GNS 430? Has anyone done this conversion recently as a do it yourself operation? Thanks..

You can provide the GDL 82 with a GPS datafeed from a GNS 430W. The GNS 430W will need to be at software version 5.30 or higher, here is the interconnect as provided in the GDL 82 Installation Manual:

i-hWNKd3t.jpg

If any other questions come up in the installation process, please feel free to send us a message at [email protected].

Thanks,

Justin

Back