What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Welcome to the -9/A Forum

Count me in, too!

Wiring the panel, lights, ELT, etc.

Jerry Thorne
East Ridge, TN

Checking in

Count me in here. I'm just starting the fuselage kit and thinking long and hard about what actually will go in that panel.

Don 90702

Just Checking in

I'm just checking this forum out for the first time. Looks pretty cool....I'll add this to my favorites.

RV 9A Driver

Well folks, guess I will jump in also. Been flying my 9 for a bit over two years now. I had the first subie powered 9 in Texas and until recently I had the only flying Sonex in Texas.

Lone Star Executive Airport is a hotbed of building lately. We have a Pitts, two cubs, a 10, a Zenair 601 and a few others under construction and about 15 RV's f;ying.

Come on down and check it out sometime

Glad I live down South (kinda)...

I am less than a mile north of the Georgia state line with Tennessee. The past few weeks have been warmer than normal in this area for January. I have the kitchen door open to the garage and the RV-9A. The temp outside today was 69 degrees in Chattanooga. The temp in the Garage is currently 76 degrees. There is no insulation above the drywall ceiling in the garage. I did insulate the garage door with styrofoam sheets when I started the project over 2 years ago. I have used an electric oil heater radiator placed in the open kitchen door with a box fan behind it to pull heat from the living quarters and blow the air through the radiator fins of the electric oil heater for additional heat as needed. With any luck, the plane should be headed to the airport soon.

Jerry Thorne
East Ridge, TN
N2PZ "Enterprise"
www.n2prise.org

Finishing The Shop

Hey guys I am finishing the shop as it is getting cold up here in Montana. That hasn't stopped me from starting on my emmpanage though!

Back