What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VFR Day only removal

vinzer

Well Known Member
Hello!

Recently, after wrapping up my 25 hours, I got all limitations removed from my CoA except the two: No aerobatics and VFR Day only.
I want to remove VFR Day only and replace it by VFR Only (IFR is the next step after).

What should be done for that ?

As I understand CARs 605.16 (Power-driven Aircraft - Night VFR)
describes all equipment required for Night VFR flying. Assume I have all that, will it be enough just to make a list of all my equipment (as per 605.16) and send it to general TC email along with formal request to remove Day VFR limitation replacing it to say VFR Only ?

Thank you!

Same thing happened to me when the 25 hours were flown and I sent the request to remove the initial restrictions.
The new C of A came back with "Day VFR Only" although the aircraft is equipped for night flying.
I sent an email to the TC rep that issued the new C of A, stating what equipment was on board and he sent a corrected one with "VFR Only".
I'm currently in the initial planning of what equipment to add for removing the "VFR Only", and there's an email for dealing with changes to the C of A.
[email protected]
Although you don't deal with MD-RA for that, they have a TC document on their site explaning what TC personel seeks for removing the "VFR only" restriction. Document # (in french) IP 500-024
That may be a starting point.

Good luck

Same thing happened to me when the 25 hours were flown and I sent the request to remove the initial restrictions.
The new C of A came back with "Day VFR Only" although the aircraft is equipped for night flying.
I sent an email to the TC rep that issued the new C of A, stating what equipment was on board and he sent a corrected one with "VFR Only".
I'm currently in the initial planning of what equipment to add for removing the "VFR Only", and there's an email for dealing with changes to the C of A.
[email protected]
Although you don't deal with MD-RA for that, they have a TC document on their site explaning what TC personel seeks for removing the "VFR only" restriction. Document # (in french) IP 500-024
That may be a starting point.

Good luck

Eric,

Thank you for all the valuable details and information provided.
I will get in touch with TC in a week or so (want to let them to catchup with all the things after strike :D) and request for the corrections.

Vlad,
I rechecked my email concerning the new C of A correction in my case.
In fact it was that on the new C of A, it was OK in English: VFR only
but had the day only in French: VFR seulement de jour
I did not need to list my "night" equipment.

So yours may not be the same issue.

Back