What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior paint over SW P60G2

georgemohr

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I've ordered the QB fuse, and I'm wondering what products and process folks have used to top coat their interiors. I'm mostly concerned about combability with the SW wash primer.

TY!
George

P60G2

Hi all,

I've ordered the QB fuse, and I'm wondering what products and process folks have used to top coat their interiors. I'm mostly concerned about combability with the SW wash primer.

TY!
George

I sprayed Jet Flex SB over P60G2. However, I sprayed the P60G2 so the Jet Flex was sprayed within 30 minute cure time.

I went with Aero Classic full interior so had very little to paint so decided to use Tremclad Professional rattle can. It sprays large areas, can spray upside down, and is pretty tuff. I did numerous trials to determine best primer to use and found zinc chromate to be most durable. I prepped the QB primer by cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and then using a tac cloth. A lot of the primer from Vans rubbed of with them alcohol.

Last edited:
I used a maroon Scotchbrite pad to scuff up my QB interior and then shot JetFlex water based paint. Seems to be holding up to the banging around during the build...not flying yet.

I would recommend at least a light (doesn’t need to fully cover) spray coat of a compatible primer for the paint being used when covering over any fully cured substrate coating including P60G2

P60G2

If it helps...
I called Sherwin Williams tech support before spraying the Jet Flex. I wanted to spray either no primer or just P60G2 to save weight. They pushed pretty hard to spray P60G2, Primer then Jet Flex all within time windows.
The Jet Flex over P60G2 is holding up fine.
As a data point, a section on the top forward skin had to be removed for the windshield. It took me hours with all sorts of paint remover and scotchbrite to get it off!

Back