What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Instrument Panels

TASEsq

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone know if the F-14136, F-14137 and F-14138 instrument panels come with the fuselage kit?

I can’t find them on the inventory, and the index shows them as being part of the “avionics kit”. I’m not sure what that is?

Have people ordered the actual instrument panel sheets separately?

Same as the canopy release handle? That is also listed as “AVIONICS” in the index?

Is there anything else I might have missed or assumed came in the fuselage kit which I have to buy separately?

I’ve searched for the instrument panel part numbers from the index section in the vans store and can’t find them. They sell “ Blank L-R instrument panel-14 "2 req.per plane F-00111 $22.00” and “ blank center instrument panel-14 F-00112 $12.00”
- I assume these are it.

hole center panel

Beware the Van's part for the center panel already has a hole in it for the canopy release. If you are relocating that to a less passenger-accessible location, that hole may be a problem. I tried to buy their panel without the hole; not available. If you avionics go high enough in the stack to overlap it, not a problem.

F-00111 & F-00112

Those are the correct part numbers.

And the hole for the canopy release is a problem if you have an alternative to the position of the ugly handle.

Can use a snap bushing style hole plug but if that's too unsightly, I've filled holes with JB Weld, sanded and when painted over, no one is the wiser.

Good to know someone may be building and wiring their own panel.

Good to know someone may be building and wiring their own panel.

I’m actually very surprised that the panels don’t come with the kit. Seems necessary to me. I didn’t know most people don’t need them.

I’ll probably use the centre panel as a template to make my own without the hole for the handle. I don’t like the idea of it poking out of the panel like that. It seems to me something that should be a small handle somewhere - maybe using a pull cable. Work that out later.

Back