What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

nexus 7 tablet

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
a month ago my nexus wouldn't turn on, take a charge, nothing. i put it away but i missed it. perfect size for me and bright. so i googled'' nexus won't turn on'' and got a lot of sites. long story short i got it working again!
problem seems to result from running tablet dead.

I think the Nexus 7 is the best all around tablet for the cockpit. I have two and dropped the paper backup two years ago. No complaints. A single Garmin subscription loads both seamlessly. Turning the wifi off in the cockpit helps maintain the battery when using a low power USB charger. I purchased mine on ebay for ~100 each. I use the 32 GB 2013 or later model needed for Garmin.

Last edited:
ditto!

a month ago my nexus wouldn't turn on, take a charge, nothing. i put it away but i missed it. perfect size for me and bright. so i googled'' nexus won't turn on'' and got a lot of sites. long story short i got it working again!
problem seems to result from running tablet dead.

same here Bob.....seems these things were made for techhies who dutifully plug them in every night, and use them all day!
get yourself a good power brick/charger for those times when it happens away from home!

Mine is a few years old now and I have to reboot every day or it freezes up. Tried the second to most serious reset and didn't help. Any ideas?

My Nexus 7 died yesterday

I am unable to swipe the screen and get to the apps, or to communicate with it via a USB cable. They have stopped making the 7" so I'll have to use my Android phone for a while as an IFLY backup.

Back