What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with Dynon D10A EFIS

Latintan

Well Known Member
I love Dynon products. But last month, I experienced two failures that have made me curse both the EMS 10 and the EFIS D10A. My EMS 10 went out during an installation and because it was out of warrantee, I had to pay for a factory repair. No idea what happened. Just a few days after I received it fixed, my EFIS D10A has stopped working as well!!!! Here is what happened to this one:

Following a s/w install, right at the end and at the moment that the yellow screen when blue with the Dynon logo, my computer died. The EFIS has not worked since. I've tried everything to no avail. There are three random scenarios that come up during boot-up now:

1. completely black screen
2. blue screen
3. blue screen with dynon logo.

I suspect the s/w is corrupt during installation because the PC died. This would be terrible as I am not too happy to send this one back to the factory too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to send this one back :( :( :(

I love Dynon products. But last month, I experienced two failures that have made me curse both the EMS 10 and the EFIS D10A. My EMS 10 went out during an installation and because it was out of warrantee, I had to pay for a factory repair. No idea what happened. Just a few days after I received it fixed, my EFIS D10A has stopped working as well!!!! Here is what happened to this one:

Following a s/w install, right at the end and at the moment that the yellow screen when blue with the Dynon logo, my computer died. The EFIS has not worked since. I've tried everything to no avail. There are three random scenarios that come up during boot-up now:

1. completely black screen
2. blue screen
3. blue screen with dynon logo.

I suspect the s/w is corrupt during installation because the PC died. This would be terrible as I am not too happy to send this one back to the factory too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to send this one back :( :( :(

Sorry to say that these symptoms normally indicate an issue that has to be repaired at the factory. I had the same issue with my D6 about 4yrs ago. I had to send it back to the factory for repair. It has been about 400hrs since the repair and I have not had an issue with it. Your best option is to contact DYNON and see what they have to say.

:cool:

Yes Galin. I believe that might be true. I am afraid of calling the company and get charged for this. They do not open till Monday so I am hoping to get ideas if anybody has had success doing something other than returning it. I have read about the possible corruption of s/w if the power is disconnected during the download but this is not always guaranteed success. I had no way of knowing my PC would crash and it left me in a very bad spot. I really can't believe the s/w download is so poorly designed, especially with a unit with a battery for backup! Couldn't the battery be used to hold the status of the download? !! Frustrating.

I tend to agree with you guys. I really like my EFIS D10A and the autopilot but the s/w issue is a real downer. This really makes me nervous about installing s/w on these products. I can't afford the problems!

Glad they got it taken care of for you, Manny. I have had to send a unit or two back over the years because of a failed software update. They have always been good to deal with for me. It is always important to have power to your computer when doing one of these updates.

Well, Dynon Support has come to the rescue. THANK YOU Dynon! Great service.

Glad to hear this. DYNON has exceptional customer service and a major reason I have a DYNON SkyView system in my panel.

BTW: I see you are based in the Orlando area. If you ever fly to Flagler County (KFIN) or St Augustine (KSGJ) let me know. Maybe we can have lunch.

:cool:

Awesome Galin. I go to you area quite a bit. I'll let you know next time. Still putting the plane back together after the upgrade to the D10 EMS. Should be done in a week or two

I was aware of the need to have the power on the PC and the battery. The problem was... I did not know the battery was dead since I keep the AC on all the time. When I tripped the chord, the whole thing was gone :(

Glad they got it taken care of for you, Manny. I have had to send a unit or two back over the years because of a failed software update. They have always been good to deal with for me. It is always important to have power to your computer when doing one of these updates.

Got my EFIS back from Dynon. Can't say enough good things about the company. They took care of me very well. Thank you DYNON! I appreciate it.

Back