What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ipad weight and balance calculator

JCSmith

Would like to ask if anyone is using an iPad app for weight and balance calculations for an RV-6A? If so which one(s) works best.

I just made a simple spreadsheet in Numbers that computes all the relevant data plus max load factor along with stall and corner speeds for the resultant weight.

Foreflight Pro includes weight and balance. If you have your actual data, it is easy to set up and seems very accurate. Easy to use too.

Foreflight Pro includes weight and balance. If you have your actual data, it is easy to set up and seems very accurate. Easy to use too.

I tried setting up ForeFlight W&B for my -7 but keep getting an error stating the aft cg limit needs to be behind the forward limit (which it is). I can't get past that error. Care to share the data you entered?

CG, Foreflight

Foreflight W&B calculator has worked well for my RV-8. Forward limit set for 78.7 in and aft limit 86.8 in. Fuel arm 80 in. EW 1110 lbs and moment 87,257.1 in-lb. Could an error have crept into the empty aircraft weight and moment figures? Good luck. Hope it works for you as it's very convenient! Bill

Error message

I went with "aviation W and B calculator" and had an error message issue also. It was asking for momentum in lbs/1000, and is was entering the arm in inches. Worked much better when I gave the program what it needed...

Back