What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Underwriters for build in Canada

RandyAB

Well Known Member
I’m looking for underwriter options in Canada. I’m currently with Marsh and paying $1400 yearly for $200k on a non-flying airplane. The policy is up for renewal and I’m looking for other quotes.

Can't help with project insurance but...

I am with EAA Canada through Nacora Ins. Brokers. Coverage used to be through Global but is now with Old Republic Canada. Magnes through COPA VIP was more expensive for me.

Flying 7 with 90K hull in motion coverage is about $1300 with Old Republic, Magnes quoted $1900 and Global was a little more. A number of years ago I was with Air 1 in BC but they became overly expensive.

Hope that helps.

Can't help with project insurance but...

I am with EAA Canada through Nacora Ins. Brokers. Coverage used to be through Global but is now with Old Republic Canada. Magnes through COPA VIP was more expensive for me.

Flying 7 with 90K hull in motion coverage is about $1300 with Old Republic, Magnes quoted $1900 and Global was a little more. A number of years ago I was with Air 1 in BC but they became overly expensive.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip Al. I will try Old Republic.

I’m currently with Marsh but got extremely turned off when the service rep wrote me a really snarky reply to me simply querying whether there was a discount for COPA members. Holy crow I thought man, there must not be much competition if they feel they can afford to be so rude to their customers.

I’m currently with Marsh but got extremely turned off when the service rep wrote me a really snarky reply to me simply querying whether there was a discount for COPA members.
Given their history with COPA (they used to be COPA's underwriter) they are not likely to respond to request for COPA discounts favorably. That relationship did not end well.

That said, their insurance product remained competitive and I am still with them... Quotes from others all come in higher when I shop around.

Given their history with COPA (they used to be COPA's underwriter) they are not likely to respond to request for COPA discounts favorably. That relationship did not end well.

That said, their insurance product remained competitive and I am still with them... Quotes from others all come in higher when I shop around.

Good to know. Still no reason to be snippy to a customer IMHO though.

Back