What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who do I call to ship an aircraft engine?

lndwarrior

Well Known Member
Want to ship an O-235 to Texas from California. I need to figure out how (or who) to crate it and who can ship it for me. Searches on the inter-web have not been helpful.

Appreciate any guidance on the issue.

Gary

Engine Freight

Just build a box from 2x4's and plywood so it can be loaded with a fork lift and call any freight company like Fed Ex or Yellow Freight. It will be cheaper if you take it to their dock.

I used www.engineshipping.com to ship a used lycoming from Florida to Utah for my project a couple of years back. I was the purchaser.

They offered door to door service with a truck with a pallet jack and ramp loader. Had good results in my case.

cheap shipping

Go to www.uship.com. You will be amazed at the number of quotes that you will receive at great rates.

PS. dont accept the first offer you get because the good offers will come at the end.

Used a pallet and box from Lycoming that a local FBO was going to toss. Used one of the quoting agencies. Best price was Old Dominion and the experience with them was perfect.

Back