What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust Crack Repair

NickAir

Well Known Member
My RV7 Had a cracked header pipe, #2. Cracked at welded flange.

Repaired with a re-weld away from home base to get RV to home base. Called Vetterman about issue, the cracked and re-welded header pipe flange on my 4 into 2 cross over for IO-360. I was impressed with the response. Return entire cross over and we will fix or replace it likely for no charge. I paid for shipping and new star washers.

New cross over went on perfect. Excellent workmanship and service from Vettermans. The new header pipe is improved/beefed up with a doubler added at failure location. This issue should not happen again. It was a Great experience to work with this company. I am a satisfied customer and flying again. Both Larry and Scott were timely and pleasant. Refreshing!

Tip:
They suggest applying Mouse Milk at exhaust slip joints during oil changes. Mouse Milk is used for waste gates on turbo applications, as one of its uses. This use of Mouse Milk, as many know, keeps the slip joints free. I apply with a syringe.

I had the same issue with my headers. I contacted Larry and they repaired the header promptly. Nothing like great customer service!!!
Dan Peeler
RV7A
IOX 360

Back