What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SPI Epoxy primer

Kirker

I was happy with the product. It sprays well, sands well, sticks well... But I have no basis for comparison to other epoxy primers. That said, my sense is epoxy primer is epoxy primer.

Agree. Never used it. I shoot Kirker EnduroPrime. 2K Epoxy.
Also sold as Eastwood and Summit. Kinda confirms epoxy is epoxy

I have used SPI products on 10 different paint jobs. Both planes also have their universal clear; also arguably one of the best clears for amateurs without spray booths (it is specifically designed for use without evacuation and it can be buffed at ANY time - no window). Their epoxy primer is probably the best all around epoxy primer in the industry when viewing all variables.

You won't be disappointed. Only caution is to not spray the first coat too thick, else you will get what resembles fish eye. You can hose on the following coats if you want, just not the first. Also, parts MUST be kept at 65* for 24 hours after application.

I do not agree that all epoxy primers are the same, especially when viewing adhesion and corrosion resistance. Not highly critical for F/G parts. Call the SPI tech line and you'll get Barry, the owner. Ask him what is different. I think you will be surprised.

Larry

Last edited:
Back