What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hurricane Relocation Reimbursement

LRingeisen

Well Known Member
In light of the recent hurricane, we wanted to remind you to check with your insurance company about a possible hurricane relocation reimbursement program. Each company is different, but several offer a reimbursement program to get your aircraft out of the way of an oncoming hurricane. These companies would rather pay the reimbursement expenses (usually up to a set limit) rather than pay for a totaled aircraft. If you?re wondering if your insurance company partakes in a program like this, it will be listed in your policy. You can also contact your insurance broker for more information.

Our check to cover expenses from relocating from Stuart to Sarasota is "in the mail." Really painless, a single form and copy of receipts.

Mine as well

Got the email today that my relocation check is in the mail. Really makes sense for them and us to do that. If I leave it at the home base in the way of a hurricane, my deductible goes from $0 to 5%! If the hangar falls, they don't have to buy a totalled airplane and 8 years of building is not gone. Thanks, Gallagher and Leah.:)

Back