What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two Rv-8 : Air to Air photo session

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
We had a good fly time last week end !

At last my big friend Franz received the definitive Permit to Fly (in Italy things move differently so now he can carry passengers and perform aerobatic) so we celebrated with an Air To Air session.

Our friends Luca Granzini (photographer) and Alessandro Marangoni (pilot) were on the photo-ship : an Yak-52 that can fly with the canopy open.

VAF_0.jpg

Note : I firmly say that formation flying is not easy, it takes a lot of discipline, high SA, skills and emotional relationship too. Franz, other than RV-8 builder, is a military instructor with more than 15 years of experience in teaching aerobatic and formation flight. I have 25 years of flying experience with aerobatic and mountain uphill landing and feel myself as a roockie in formation flying. This flight was prepared days before, and 'the' day we did an hour briefing prior to take-off; during the flight all activities were planned and so performed. Please if you like this sequence think that nothing were improvised. FLY SAFE !

VAF_1.jpg

VAF_2.jpg

VAF_3.jpg

VAF_4.jpg

VAF_5.jpg

VAF_6.jpg

Last edited:
Back