What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Atlanta area airports

flytoboat

Well Known Member
I have a conference in downtown Atlanta next week. Any recommendations for an RV friendly airport in that area? We will be approaching from the North West and will need transportation from the airport to downtown (not a rental car)
Thanks

PDK

PDK is the closest to downtown, and the MARTA line runs right along the side of the airport. Should be able to get the FBO to shuttle you to it (or a 1 mile walk). MARTA (subway) runs into down town.

Don't think any of the other airports you could get downtown without renting a car.

Don't know how RV friendly they are. ( I never fly into PDK myself)

Epps Flying Service

Epps@ KPDK is RV friendly. I fly in there in corporate planes, but have seen RVs there often. Very friendly staff and linemen.

I would not recommend walking the 1 mile to the marta station. The last time I navigated that route, there were no paved sidewalks. Only a dirt path beside a busy road. Taxi is the best and safer option.

Unfortunately that is pretty much the state of sidewalks just about anywhere in Atlanta. I've been hit deliberately and accidentally by cars while running and ticketed for jay walking because the sidewalk was literally invisible under years of dirt and brush. :mad:

Back