What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is your Empty Weight?

Jetmart

Well Known Member
Van's publishes an empty weight of 1240 lbs. on the RV-14.

What is yours? What do you have installed that may make it heavier? Paint, interior, Auto pilot?, constant speed prop, etc.?

Mine was 1267 before paint. Plan to weigh it again soon.
Should have said: dual g3x, stand-by alternator, carbon fiber constant speed prop, full Classic Aero interior with carpet.

Last edited:
My RV 14 taildragger is 1234 lb. painted with Dynon Vfr avioinics and autopilot, aileron trim and interior.

RV-14A with dual AFS 5600 screens, IFD-540 navigator, minimal interior (seats only), full paint came in at 1,271 lbs.

1292#

Dual G3X/GTN-750/3 Axis AP/G5/Comm 2/Vertical Power/Backup Battery & Alternator/Full Paint/Full Classic Aero interior/Hartzell aluminum CS prop

1260# Painted, Dual G3X Touch, GTN625, GTR-200,GTX45R, Garmin 2 axis AP, Half Raven Oil System, Flight Line Interior

1185, no paint (1) Dynon HDX, auto pilot. Aerobatic Hartzell Alum prop and alum spinner. Light weight tail wheel. Primed. Carpeted, Cleveland interior (not Lexus) EarthX battery, VPX. Made my own harness.

Mine came to 1284 lb with full paint, full leather interior, full internal priming and two 10" flat screen TV and the empty CG is 81.16"

Empty weight AND empty CG

It would be nice to know what the CG range is as well as weight from folks. Mine came in at 1236 lbs and 77.5 inches. I'm worried its nose heavy. I have the 14A and full Garmin

RV-14 1292#. Empty CG is 81.2

Dual G3X/GTN-750/3 Axis AP/G5/Comm 2/Vertical Power/Backup Battery & Alternator/Full Paint/Full Classic Aero leather interior/Hartzell aluminum CS prop

Back