What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Instrument panel placard

Stormy

Looking for ideas on labeling my switches and breakers. Don't really want just stickers or using a label maker. What I would like is a placard that fits over the switches. Anybody know where the best place to get one made.

Thanks

Stormy
RV-7 almost ready for inspection!!!

www.frontpanelexpress.com
Rigging139.jpg
Rigging46.jpg

Sliding Canopy Lock

I am looking at installing a lock on my slider, The one that came with the ignition swich.
How have other builders done it? Mounted towards the front or rear?
Anything to lookout for when drilling the mounting hole? Would hate to have to replace the canopy skirt because I overlooked something.
Thanks in advance for any helpful hints
Gerry 7A

canopy lock

I located my canopy lock so that it engages just forward of the C-665 plastic blocks that the slider pins engage with. I had to modify the C-791 canopy skirt brace a bit to fit the lock in.

I also mounted a handle nearby, so the whole setup looks like somewhate automotive.

If you have an 'A' model, this is a better choice than a lock that fits on the aft slider rail.

No photos, sorry.

Vern Little
RV-9A 4.7 hrs.

I just went to a local hobby shop and they engraved the letters on the back of colored plastic that they have, or can order, to match the colors you want.

You can easily trim the plastic with the band saw and sander. You just paint in the color you want your letters to be and they show up through the front.

Hopefully the image below shows so you can get the idea. It looks really good and is fairly inexpensive, compared to airplane prices.

dsc00305medium4ue.jpg

It depends on size and number of characters. The free CAD software that you download calcs the cost immediately. The panels you see above cost approximately $25 each.

Back