What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 7A sun screen advise

First, thanks to all who responded to my ignition key inquiry. My key has an asc #, I?ve reached out to spruce and am hoping for a reply/solution.

Now I?m in search of a easy install, deployable sun screen for my tilt-up 7A. I?ve heard about one but haven?t not been able to find info on it yet. Please advise.

Dues paid through 01/21!

Thanks all, sle

Koger Sunshade

+1 on Koger Sunshade...it is invaluable in flight, but also at startup...often there is so much sunlight coming in that the screens are difficult to see without a decent amount of shade. Great product and an easy install.

Agreed - Koger

I just installed the wide tip-up Koger in my 7A. Easy to install, easy to use. Highly recommended.

Koger Sunshades for RV-6A slider

If someone have used Koger Sunshades for RV-6A slider available I am interested.

PM me.

Not at all. I have had mine on my 6A tip-up for 3 years without any issues. You might need to push the double sided tape in to get a good bond from time to time but it's hasn't fallen on my head yet.

Ordered one today. Is the double sided tape efficient or messy when it gets warm?
Mine's been stuck on for 10 years and hasn't shown any signs of sagging in that time. It is pressure-sensitive adhesive, so take the time to press on it firmly for the recommended duration during install. I did, maybe that contributed to the strong bond I seem to have.

i have been using some collapsable rectangular shades, with suction cups that hold them in place. They are nice because you can move them around as needed. I purchased mine at Walmart.

Koger

Mine has been sticking for nearly 15 years. Be sure to bend the the aluminum attachment perfectly to the shape of the canopy before sticking it to the plexi and clean the plexi well with alcohol.

Steve

I use to have a couple mounted shades that pulled out and retracted in my tip up 7A. They worked great but were only effective if the sun was coming from above. I recently removed them and now use the type for auto windows. Suction cup mounts ANYWHERE inside the canopy. Now if the sun is low... no problem. When not in use they coil up and sit between the seats. Works great and IIRC came as a set of 2 for around 10 bucks. Available from any big box store or auto parts store. Love 'em.

i have been using some collapsable rectangular shades, with suction cups that hold them in place. They are nice because you can move them around as needed. I purchased mine at Walmart.

A second vote for this method. Particularly helpful with low sun angles, and reflections off the upper surface of a polished wing. Look for them in the baby section, near the car seats.

Back